There are many reasons why we recycle, incuding:
- Recycling is an economical solid waste management option.
- It can reduce your waste stream at least 25%.
- It conserves natural resources by slowing down consumption of these resources.
- It preserves valuable materials for future generations.
- Using recyclables instead of virgin materials saves energy: Aluminum 95%, Steel 74%, Paper 64%.
- It creates jobs. Keeping U.S. manufacturing industries alive and competitive in the global economy. Go USA!