WINDHAM SOLID WASTE MANAGEMENT DISTRICT (WSWMD)
FINANCE COMMITTEE MEETING
DRAFT MINUTES OF NOVEMBER 8, 2018
COMMITTEE MEMBERS PRESENT: Merrill Mundell, Chair, Wilmington; Patrick Moreland, Brattleboro; and James Damato, Readsboro
COMMITTEE MEMBERS ABSENT: Cheryl Franklin, Guilford
WSWMD STAFF PRESENT: Bob Spencer, Executive Director; Vicki Hayes, Office Manager/Bookkeeper; Minnie Boadu-Bennett, District Clerk; and Dale Bessette Transfer Station/ Scalehouse Attendant
OTHERS PRESENT: Michelle Cherrier, Dummerston; and Russ Hodgkins, Westminster
Mr. Mundell called meeting to order at 6:14 PM
Changes and/or Additions to Agenda: None.
1. Approval of Minutes – October 17, 2018:
Motion made to approve the minutes of October 17, 2018, seconded, and carried to approve minutes with no changes.
2. Review of Check Register – October 2018: The committee reviewed and discussed the check register for October.
Motion made to approve the check register of October 2018, seconded and carried to approve the check register of October 2018.
3. Review of Financial Report – October 2018: Hayes reviewed the financial report of 2018 for the committee, discussing various line items including: OCC sales, savings on glass recycling, tipping fees, compost sources, access sticker sales. Revenue is 6.75% above budget. Those present also discussed the increase in hauling fees, single-stream fees and rental expense for the trommel screen.
4. Final Review and Discussion of FY 2020 Budget for Presentation to Board of Supervisors: Hayes and Mr. Spencer reviewed the FY 2020 budget with the committee. The selling of Renewable Energy Credits was discussed, with the possibility of polling members. Mr. Spencer reported that Sky Solar Holdings will have a figure for the Board before the budget hearing on December 13th. Also discussed was the 21% decrease in assessments.
5. Executive Session (if needed):
6. Next Finance Committee Meeting: 1/10/19 at 6 PM.
7. Other Business as Legally Allowed:
Motion to adjourn made, seconded, and carried.
This meeting of the Finance Committee adjourned at 6:52 pm.
Minnie Boadu-Bennett, District Clerk