WINDHAM SOLID WASTE MANAGEMENT DISTRICT (WSWMD)
SPECIAL EXECUTIVE BOARD MEETING MINUTES
OF MARCH 29, 2018
BOARD MEMBERS PRESENT: Michelle Cherrier, Chair; Jan Ameen, Vice Chair; and Merrill Mundell, Wilmington, Chair Finance Committee
BOARD MEMBERS ABSENT: Tony Gordon, Member-at-large
WSWMD STAFF PRESENT: Bob Spencer, Executive Director
OTHERS PRESENT: Dan Toomey, Putney; Irving Stowell, Townshend; and Nancy Meinhard, Wardsboro
Ms. Cherrier called the Meeting to order at 6:30 p.m.
1) Changes and/or Additions to Agenda: The Executive Board agreed add the following agenda item:
- Review offer by Landmark Dividend to buy the solar lease
2) Discuss Upcoming Meeting of the Executive Board and Winhall Selectboard Regarding Winhall Withdrawal Fees:
Executive Board reviewed and discussed a summary of the timeline of correspondence as documented in District mailings of Board of Supervisor’s agenda and minutes to the Town; as well as numerous emails between WSWMD staff and Town of Winhall regarding District withdrawal fees. The Executive Board will present the information to the Winhall Selectboard at their meeting on April 4, 2018.
3) Review Offer by Landmark Dividend to Buy Solar Lease: The Executive Board reviewed and discussed a letter from Landmark Dividend regarding an offer to purchase the solar lease payments from SkySolar to WSWMD. The Executive Board was not supportive of the offer and instructed Mr. Spencer to decline the offer.
4) Executive Session (if needed): None
5) Other Business as Legally Allowed: None
6) Adjournment: Motion made, seconded, and carried to adjourn the Meeting. The meeting was adjourned at 7:42 p.m.
Kristen Benoit, Program Coordinator/District Clerk