WINDHAM SOLID WASTE MANAGEMENT DISTRICT (WSWMD)
FINANCE COMMITTEE MEETING
DRAFT MINUTES OF JANUARY 10, 2019
COMMITTEE MEMBERS PRESENT: Merrill Mundell, Chair, Wilmington; Patrick Moreland, Brattleboro; and James Damato, Readsboro
COMMITTEE MEMBERS ABSENT: None.
WSWMD STAFF PRESENT: Bob Spencer, Executive Director; Athena Lee Bradley, Programs Manager; Vicki Hayes; Office Manager/Bookkeeper; Dale Bessette, Transfer Station and Compost Facility Operator; and Minnie Boadu-Bennett, District Clerk
OTHERS PRESENT: Michelle Cherrier, Board of Supervisors Chair, Dummerston
Mr. Mundell called meeting to order at 6:03 PM.
- Changes and/or Additions to Agenda: None
- Approval of Minutes of November 8, 2018:
Mr. Moreland made a motion to approve the minutes with no changes. Mr. Mundell seconded, and the motion carried.
- Review of Check Register- December 2018: The committee discussed various disbursements indicated on the check register. Mr. Spencer will keep the committee up to date on any further independent maintenance and monitoring on the stormwater system constructed by Gransolar for the solar array.
Mr. Moreland moved to approve the check register, as presented. Mr. Mundell seconded, and the motion carried.
- Review of Financial Report- December 2018: The committee reviewed the December financial report with Ms. Hayes and Mr. Spencer and discussed various line items including: OCC sales, increase in single-stream fees, employee insurance benefits, utilities and repair expense.
Mr. Moreland moved to approve the financial reports, as presented. Mr. Damato seconded, and the motion carried.
- Discussion of Future Direction of WSWMD Organics Recycling Program, and the Portion of the ANR Compost Infrastructure Grant Award ($410,518) to be Accepted, and Matched at 60% Cost Share, and presentation to Board of Supervisors: The committee discussed WSWMD Organics Recycling Program’s future direction including: flow control, incoming organics volumes, new information from ANR regarding the Compost Infrastructure Grant and a draft business plan for the Organics Operation.
- Executive Session (if needed): None.
- Next Finance Committee Meeting: TBD
- Other Business as Legally Allowed: None.
- Adjournment: Mr. Moreland moved to adjourn the meeting at 7. Mr. Damato seconded, and the motion carried with three votes.
Minnie Boadu-Bennett, District Clerk