WINDHAM SOLID WASTE MANAGEMENT DISTRICT (WSWMD)
FINANCE COMMITTEE MEETING
MINUTES OF September 24, 2020
COMMITTEE MEMBERS PRESENT: Merrill Mundell, Chair, Wilmington; Patrick Moreland, Brattleboro; Russ Hodgkins, Westminster; and Michelle Cherrier, Dummerston.
COMMITTEE MEMBERS ABSENT: James Damato, Readsboro.
WSWMD STAFF PRESENT: Bob Spencer, Executive Director; Vicki Hayes, Office Manager/Bookkeeper.
OTHERS PRESENT: None
Mr. Mundell called meeting to order at 5:30 P.M.
- Changes and/or Additions to Agenda: None
- Review and Discuss Capital Plan FY22: Vicki explained that the Capital Plan now includes all adjustments from the last discussion. The format was agreed upon by the committee. There was discussion regarding procedures and authorization for use of the funds going forward. It was agreed that the intention was for the Capital Funds to be used for the items on the Capital plan. This plan is to be reviewed annually for updates and additions. In order to preserve the intention of the use of the funds, it was determined that a legal opinion on the topic be requested from our lawyer, to be shared with the full Board. Patrick and Bob will work on getting that opinion.
- Review and Discuss Revenue for Budget FY22: Vicki explained the Fee Analysis that she and Anita produced. Shortfalls on Programs and how its covered were reviewed. It was decided not to increase fees for this budget cycle. However, Vicki will produce quarterly updates on the fee status and the Committee will review the fee structure going forward. Also discussed was the REC payments, REI lease, and Grant funds. Some minor changes were requested with the understanding that these items/and others could change as we get further into the process.
It was also discussed that it may be time to review and update the Organics business plan.
It was decided that the Committee will review the expenses at the next meeting and expect to have one more meeting after that to review and finalize the FY 22 Budget for the Board review in November.
- Executive Session: None
- Next Meeting: October 8, 2020 @ 5:30 PM. Via Zoom
- Other Business as Legally Allowed: None
- Meeting was adjourned at 6:27 P.M.
Minutes by Vicki Hayes