Compost Bins & Kitchen Pails Have Arrived
‘Tis the season to compost! AND we have the bins and kitchen pails to get the job done at a GREAT price. Stop by the Windham Solid Waste Management District to pick up an “Earth Machine” backyard compost bin and a “Sure-Close” kitchen collector, and start composting at home!
Turn food scraps and yard waste into nutrient rich soil for your garden. Food and yard waste combined represent about 25% of our waste. Composting these materials at home, we can save money and keep waste out of landfills!
The Earth Machine Backyard Compost Bin ($50)
- Dimensions: 33″ diameter by 33″ high.
- Weight: 15 lbs
- Volume: 10.5 cubic feet (80 Imperial gallons or 300 litres)
- Twist-locking, pest-resistant lid
- 10 year warranty
- Side ventilation
The “Sure-Close” kitchen collector ($10)
- Durable, dishwasher-safe, and easy to clean
- Lid opens and latches closed easily with one hand
- Lid locks in open position for easier filling
- Lid perforations allow venting but stop insects
- Ergonomic handle and back grip for easy use
- Wide opening allows easy scraping of plates
Compost bins & kitchen pails available only at the WSWMD office on Old Ferry Rd, Brattleboro, VT, Monday – Friday, 9AM – 2PM. Checks and cash accepted. Quantities limited. Get them while supplies last. If you can’t make it to the office during designated sales hours, call us at 257-0272 and we’ll gladly make special arrangements.