Backyard Compost Bins & Kitchen Counter Pails
We sell backyard compost bins and kitchen counter pails all year-round. Contact us to pick up an “Earth Machine” backyard compost bin and a “Sure-Close” kitchen counter pail to do your composting at home.
Do your part to turn food scraps and yard waste into nutrient rich soil for your garden. Food and yard waste combined represent about 25% of our waste. Composting these materials at home, can save money and keep waste out of landfills.
As of July 1, 2020, it is illegal in Vermont to trash your food scraps. Ask us about composting demo workshops! Contact our programs manager at email@example.com
The Earth Machine Backyard Compost Bin ($55)
- Dimensions: 33″ diameter by 33″ high.
- Weight: 15 lbs
- Volume: 10.5 cubic feet (80 Imperial gallons or 300 litres)
- Twist-locking, pest-resistant lid
- 10 year warranty
- Side ventilation
The “Sure-Close” kitchen collector ($10)
- Durable, dishwasher-safe, and easy to clean
- Lid opens and latches closed easily with one hand
- Lid locks in open position for easier filling
- Lid perforations allow venting but stop insects
- Ergonomic handle and back grip for easy use
- Wide opening allows easy scraping of plates
- Available in both a tan cover and a green cover
Compost bins & kitchen pails available at the WSWMD office or scale house on Old Ferry Rd, Brattleboro. Cash, checks and credit/debit cards accepted. (Please note that card sales are subject to 3% fee. All sales tax is included in total purchase price). Please call ahead to reserve your backyard composter. 802-257-0272