Re-Using Your Media:
We have partnered with Roundabout Books in Greenfield, Massachusetts to pass on your books and recordings with life still left in them!!
Bring your stuff to the scale and the attendant can direct you the collection bin.
They will accept the following:
- Hardcover books- fiction, non-fiction, textbooks and encyclopedias
- Paperback books- fiction, non-fiction, and textbooks.
- Technical Manuals: automotive, equipment repair, art
- CDs: Please make sure all CDs are in their original jewel cases
- DVDs: If you are recycling ‘sets’ please make sure no discs are missing and all DVDs must be in their original protective cases
- THEY WILL NOT TAKE: VHS, BETA, CASSETTE TAPES, FLOPPY DISKS OR COMPUTER DISKS
Recycling Your Media:
How to recycle items that are not able to be passed on
- Hardcover books: Please remove the cover and throw into the trash. The paper pages can be put into the paper recycling box (or your curbside collection bin)
- Paperback books: Please put directly into the paper recycling box (or your curbside collection bin)
- CDs & DVDs: Unfortunately, unless you use them to scare birds away from your garden, they are trash!