WINDHAM SOLID WASTE MANAGEMENT DISTRICT (WSWMD)
POLICY/PERSONNEL COMMITTEE MEETING
MINUTES OF AUGUST 2, 2018
COMMITTEE MEMBERS PRESENT: Dan Toomey, Chair, Putney; Jan Ameen, Westminster; Nancy Meinhard, Wardsboro; and Michelle Cherrier, Dummerston
COMMITTEE MEMBERS ABSENT: David Jones, Brookline
WSWMD STAFF PRESENT: Minnie Boadu-Bennett, District Clerk
OTHERS PRESENT: None.
Mr. Toomey called meeting to order at 7:03 PM
- Changes and/or Additions to Agenda: None.
- Approval of Minutes of June 20, 2018: Motion made to approve the minutes of June 20, 2018 with no changes. Motion seconded and carried. There was one abstention.
- Final Review of Revised Position Descriptions: Position descriptions were reviewed in the following order: Administrative Assistant/Marketing, District Clerk, Executive Director, Office Manager/Bookkeeper, Program Manager, Transfer Station and Compost Facility Operator. Excluding the District Clerk description, edits were made to improve clarity of phrasing and better reflect expectations. Editing was postponed for the District Clerk position description, as previously noted suggestions made by Ms. Cherrier were not reflected in the current document. Mr. Toomey will meet with Mr. Spencer and Ms. Hayes to answer questions the committee had concerning details of the current responsibilities of various positions, as well as review edits made in discussion at this meeting. Final edits will be sent to the full Board of Supervisors in time for voting and approval at the September 2018 BOS Meeting.
- Consider Edits and Comments from VLCT on Personnel Handbook: Edits and Comments from VLCT were reviewed. Wording of the grievance policy (Section D4) was edited. Wording of the sick leave policy (Section E10) was discussed. Edits were postponed pending discussion with Mr. Spencer and Ms. Hayes.
- Executive Session: None.
- Next Policy Committee Meeting: The next Policy/Personnel committee meeting is scheduled for August 23rd, 2018 @ 7pm.
- Other Business as Legally Allowed: None.
- Adjournment: Motion made, seconded and carried to adjourn at 8:34 pm.
Minnie Boadu-Bennett, District Clerk