WINDHAM SOLID WASTE MANAGEMENT DISTRICT (WSWMD)
SPECIAL EXECUTIVE BOARD MEETING MINUTES
OF APRIL 12, 2018
BOARD MEMBERS PRESENT: Michelle Cherrier (Dummerston), Chair; Jan Ameen (Westminster), Vice Chair; Dan Toomey (Putney), Chair Policy/Personnel Committee; Merrill Mundell (Wilmington), Chair Finance Committee; and Tony Gordon (Marlboro), Member-At-Large
BOARD MEMBERS ABSENT: None
WSWMD STAFF PRESENT: Bob Spencer, Executive Director
OTHERS PRESENT: Stillman Vonderhorst, Marlboro; Jim Damato and Bob Matte, Readsboro; Gig Zboray, Whitingham
Ms. Ameen called the Meeting to order at 6:45 p.m.
1) Changes and/or Additions to Agenda: None
2) Discuss Winhall Withdrawal Costs: Ms. Ameen stated the Executive Board met with the Town of Winhall Selectboard on April 4th to discuss their outstanding balance for withdrawal costs in the amount of $7,024.60. Ms. Ameen stated the Selectboard, in Executive Session, voted to pay the full amount owed, but requested they pay the withdrawal costs in FY 2020 so they could budget the funds. Ms. Ameen noted the Town of Winhall had a surplus of over $700,000 in FY 2018. Ms. Zboray suggested an agreement drawn up by legal counsel reflecting the payment terms, at the Town of Winhall’s expense. The Executive Board discussed Winhall’s withdrawal payment. The Executive Board agreed to recommend accepting the Town of Winhall’s offer to pay the full withdrawal amount of $7,024.60 as soon as possible (preferably by June 30, 2018), and if not, the District would have a legal agreement, prepared at the Town of Winhall’s expense, to detail the payment terms.
3) Executive Session (if needed): None
4) Other Business as Legally Allowed: None
6) Adjournment: Motion made, seconded, and carried to adjourn the Meeting. The meeting adjourned at 6:56 p.m.
Kristen Benoit, Program Coordinator/District Clerk