WINDHAM SOLID WASTE MANAGEMENT DISTRICT (WSWMD)
FINANCE COMMITTEE MEETING
DRAFT MINUTES OF June 11, 2020
COMMITTEE MEMBERS PRESENT: Merrill Mundell, Chair, Wilmington; Patrick Moreland, Brattleboro; and Russ Hodgkins, Westminster; Michelle Cherrier, Dummerston
COMMITTEE MEMBERS ABSENT: James Damato, Readsboro
WSWMD STAFF PRESENT: Bob Spencer, Executive Director; Vicki Hayes, Office Manager/Bookkeeper.
OTHERS PRESENT: None
Mr. Mundell called meeting to order at 6:30 P.M.
- Changes and/or Additions to Agenda: None
- Approval of Minutes of May 14, 2020: A motion to accept the minutes, as amended, of May 14, 2020, was made and seconded. Motion carried.
- Approval of Check Register- May 2020: Check Register was discussed, Patrick questioned the electric bills. Bob agreed to look into electric billing again.
A motion was made to recommend approval of the Check Register of May 2020 to the Board of Supervisors, seconded and carried.
- Approval of Financial Statement- May 2020: Vicki Hayes discussed the results for the month of May. The District is in a good position financially at this time and is expected to end the year in a surplus. A further discussion was had on the LongFalls paper sludge deal. No pursuit on our part at this time.
A motion was made to recommend approval of the Financial Statement of May 2020 to the Board of Supervisors, seconded and carried.
- Update on Rich Earth Institute Lease: Bob updated the committee on the status of the new lease. Rich Earth has their legal council drafting the lease, he doesn’t expect anything for review before September.
- Update on PILOT with Brattleboro: PILOT has been renewed at the same rate (5.5%) for two years.
- Discuss Development of Capital Plan: The committee discussed the draft plan. Improvements were mentioned, with an eye to being ready for budget season. Patrick will work with Vicki and Bob on the recommended changes.
- Executive Session: None
- Next Meeting: August 13, 2020 at 6 P.M.
- Other Business as Legally Allowed: None
- Meeting was adjourned at 6:59 P.M.
Minutes by Vicki Hayes