WINDHAM SOLID WASTE MANAGEMENT DISTRICT (WSWMD)
FINANCE COMMITTEE MEETING
MINUTES OF MAY 14, 2020
COMMITTEE MEMBERS PRESENT: Merrill Mundell, Chair, Wilmington; Patrick Moreland, Brattleboro; and Russ Hodgkins, Westminster; Michelle Cherrier, Dummerston
COMMITTEE MEMBERS ABSENT: James Damato, Readsboro
WSWMD STAFF PRESENT: Bob Spencer, Executive Director; Vicki Hayes, Office Manager/Bookkeeper; Athena Lee Bradley, Programs Manager
OTHERS PRESENT: None
Mr. Mundell called meeting to order at 6:40 P.M.
- Changes and/or Additions to Agenda: Vicki Hayes asked that the committee reorganization and a discussion of the PILOT agreement be added to the agenda.
- Committee Reorganization: Merrill Mundell was nominated as Chair of the committee.
Russ made the motion, Patrick seconded, motion carried.
- Approval of Minutes of March 12, 2020: A motion to accept the minutes of March 12, 2020, was made and seconded. Motion carried.
- Approval of Check Register- April 2020: Check Register was discussed, question regarding the TOPO map was answered by Bob Spencer.
A motion was made to recommend approval of the Check Register of April 2020 to the Board of Supervisors, seconded and carried.
- Approval of Financial Statement- April 2020: Vicki Hayes discussed the results for the month of April. The District is in a good position financially at this time, and is expected to end the year in a surplus.
A motion was made to recommend approval of the Financial Statement of April 2020 to the Board of Supervisors, seconded and carried.
- Covid-19 Impact on WSWMD Operations: There was a brief discussion on the revenue and tonnage increases during the pandemic, as well as the sale of compost.
- Discuss Renewal of PILOT: The committee discussed the need to renew the PILOT agreement with the Town of Brattleboro as it expires June 30, 2020. It was agreed that Vicki will draft the renewal at the same rate and Patrick will present to the appropriate parties for signature.
A motion was made to recommend the Board renew the agreement as it exists, seconded and carried.
- Confirm Budget Fee Increases for 2021: The committee discussed the budgeted fee increases.
A motion was made to recommend the Board of Supervisors approve the fee increases, seconded and carried.
- Discuss Compost Facility Permit Amendment: Bob presented a brief recap of the status for amending the permit, and cost estimates for expansion. Further discussion to follow with the Board of Supervisors.
- Executive Session: None
- Other Business as Legally Allowed: None
- Next Meeting: June 11, 2020 at 6 P.M.
- Meeting was adjourned at 7:02 P.M.
Minutes by Vicki Hayes
Interim District Clerk