Composting benefits are huge, click on the "Read More" to find out!
- Reduces the cost of getting rid of your garbage--especially when you pay by the bag.
- Reduces the stink in your garbage bags. With all that wet stuff gone, your trash is lighter and less putrid.
- Doesn't contribute to global warming. Food decomposing in the landfill produces methane, a supercharged greenhouse gas; in your backyard compost bin it doesn't.
- Saves space for longer-lived landfills.
- Producesa great soil amendment for your garden.
- Returns nutrients to the soil such as phosphorus, potassium, magnesium, zinc, manganese, iron and boron.
- Promotes root development, enhances retention of water and nutrients, and makes the soil easier to cultivate.
- When used on the surface of the soil as mulch, compost reduces rainfall run-off, decreases water evaporation from the soil, and helps to control weeds.